External Filter

lachojski2005

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Oct 7, 2007
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
nottinghamshire
my mate has a 5ft x 2ft x 2ft fish tank and needs a new filter an has decided to go for an fluval external but does not no what size he will need.any one no what size?
cheers
 
well i have the fluval fx5 and id reccomend it to anyone in a heartbeat, depends on his money situation, i paid 116pounds on flea bay<e-bay :good:
or a budget filter which is ment to be good, a forum user on here has it and says it very good
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=005

in my oppinion fx5 is the best :good:
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
well i would say around 10x turnover. so if he has a 240 litre tank, he will need about 2400lph. now you may need two filters to achive this.
 
I would pay out the little extra and get the fluval 405 over the 305.
 
he has only got one fish in the tank which is a giant gourami (i think).what litre is the tank then?cant get onto the calculator?
 
google it mate, there ar plenty of site with calculators, personally id rather have a redundant system just in case.
 
Doh! Mis-read the posts. I thought it was 240 litres but nick was just posting an example :blush:


Just worked it out @ approx 550 litres, so yes, in this case I would opt for the FX5 or an Aqua One Aquis 1000/1250
 
ive got 350l and im running a fluval 305 external a tetretec ex1200 external and a fluval 4+ internal giving 3200lph turnover.

you cant have too much filtration imho and like this if one breaks yove got the others running. with 1 big one if it breaks its problems!

mat
 
overkill it, go with the fx5 - i have 2 on my 6x2.5x2. they rock for their price. there is no issue in overkilling as you cannot really overkill the filtering, plus this is a smart filter - selt primes, and every 24hours it purges any air thats in its system...very smart
 
I've got a 4ft tank 300 litre, and thats running an Aqua One Aquis 1200 and I'd say I wouldn't be happy with just this on a 550 Litre tank, in fact I'm thinking of upping it even on my 300 :)

Btw, calc can be got to via the archive here:

Archived Aquarium Calc

:good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top