External Filter Questions+ Advice Please.

Hmm well I've been browsing around the internet, and it seems it's possibly the correct way.. seem silly to anybody else?
Here's a pic of somebody else's I found on the interwebz.
5990404996_ff15977324.jpg

tetratec ex700!

Tizer would the tubes on a a tetratec ex700 fit in a 1.5inch gap at the back of my lid please? Looking at upgrading to this or the fluval 206 but didn't wanna fork out for 1 if the tubes won't fit throught the gap in my lid?
Thanks

tetratec ex700!

Tizer would the tubes on a a tetratec ex700 fit in a 1.5inch gap at the back of my lid please? Looking at upgrading to this or the fluval 206 but didn't wanna fork out for 1 if the tubes won't fit throught the gap in my lid?
Thanks

Yep, they will be fine.

Wicked thanks think I may have to invest in 1 of these. I have the interpet pf2 and it takes up so much room plus somebody on here mentioned it doesn't pick bits up and I knocked my gravel installing something and the amount of muck that came up was unbelievable. Gonna give my filter a good clean tomorrow and siphon my gravel

Gravel vac-ing is good maintenance, but try not to disturb it too often as it can lead to ammonia problems which will more than likely lead to algae issues.

How soon are you getting the external? If soon then it may be worth not cleaning the internal as you will want as much bacteria in there to seed it with.

:good:

LOL!! It would probably be a little OTT, but you can turn it down a little on the taps and add planty of filter floss to help.

What fish do you keep?

I've been looking at getting an external filter to take my tank to the next level. I've been checking this topic every lunch at work!

I've decided that im going for the Ex700 Tetratec for my 90l Fluval Roma.

The cheapest that i have found it is for £70.35 with delivery from Surrey Pet Supplies:

http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/tetra-tetratec-external-filter-ex700-t0701.html

Does anyone know if it is cheaper elsewhere?

muchos gracias

I've been looking at getting an external filter to take my tank to the next level. I've been checking this topic every lunch at work!

I've decided that im going for the Ex700 Tetratec for my 90l Fluval Roma.

The cheapest that i have found it is for £70.35 with delivery from Surrey Pet Supplies:

http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/tetra-tetratec-external-filter-ex700-t0701.html

Does anyone know if it is cheaper elsewhere?

muchos gracias

That's cheap I think. I seen it on ebay for £72 gotta love ebay lol

Most reactions

Back