Ever Happened To You......

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
I've often posted topics which could be to the detriment of me.........This is not excluded.... (getting old, is not for sissies).....

This morning, whilst having a shower, (& just after shampooing), the water just cut off....... I had to take the last water left in the kettle (and some of the wife's expensive bottled water to complete the shave and shampoo routine)......

Directly after that experience, (and not thinking), I decided to have a water change to my big tank in the lounge..... It was only after the tank was almost empty, that I realised that there is no water on tap to refill the tank!!

Eventually had to carry buckets of water from the garage tanks (little bits of each tank) to my showtank to at least have the fins of my fish covered....

The water has just come on, but, the colour of it is not recommended.... How stupid can you be... You done anything as stupid as this before???
 
LOL! No I've never done that and don't think I ever would. We have a well, so the only time we have no water is when the power goes out. I don't think I would ever do a water change in the dark........ so yeah.
 
Regularly at work!

On weekends or busy weekdays, we regularly run out of RO water and if im being a very (dumb) smartass and trying to multitask doing water changes on the Osaka 260 and Roma 200 and big marine display tank by draining them all down then running round checking them all. Only then to realise i have no RO water.... duh... right after i've been apologising to customers for not having any.... *rolls eyes*

thats along with putting frozen foods in the storage cuboards, pellets in the freezer, feeding guppy pellets to goldfish and big pellets to guppies then having to net it out and then put nets in wrong buckets.

You are looking at the scattiest person ever!!
 
Not fish related but, I once stuck my head out of the side window of a car. If I'd checked it was wound down first I could have saven myself a lot of blood.
 
I have nearly one the same thing. Last week a water main broke so our street was without water for a couple of hours. I was just fiddling in my tank and about to do water change, went to wash my hands and realised a water change would be quite difficult.
 
hahaha this is hilarious XD

i turned around at school into a huge black pole and cracked my head open, passed out; woke up in the school recovery room... 5 mins later same thing again lol XD
 
I have nearly one the same thing. Last week a water main broke so our street was without water for a couple of hours. I was just fiddling in my tank and about to do water change, went to wash my heads and realised a water change would be quite difficult.


ahhhhhhhhhhhh alien more than one head
 
hahaha this is hilarious XD

i turned around at school into a huge black pole and cracked my head open, passed out; woke up in the school recovery room... 5 mins later same thing again lol XD
On my first trip to London years ago I walked directly into a lamppost, looking at shops. Not only did it hurt but my traveling companions have never let me forget it.

~~waterdrop~~
 
hahaha this is hilarious XD

i turned around at school into a huge black pole and cracked my head open, passed out; woke up in the school recovery room... 5 mins later same thing again lol XD
On my first trip to London years ago I walked directly into a lamppost, looking at shops. Not only did it hurt but my traveling companions have never let me forget it.

~~waterdrop~~

haha :D
 
Not as bad but, I always end up forgetting something. Commonly including always ending up doing a huge water change when I forget I am out of water conditioner :rolleyes: I always end up put away my python kit before refilling my water holding tank, :lol: it never fails.
 
Getting old is not for sissies lol, too right!

I'm having more & more 'senior moments' as the years roll by, but when pregnant I really should have had a warning sign around my neck, good job I didnt have fish then, not fish related, but I have added coffee granuals to a casserole before instead of stock, that didnt go down too well lol.

Our water was off a couple weeks back & looked sludgy when it came back on, we were advised not to fill fish tanks for at least 24hrs.
 
i carried out a water change the other day on both my tanks,on my little 32L and my big 40L

i was in a rush as i was trying to do both at once. i noticed the smaller tank getting low ,so i quickly hooked up my big tank to the kitchen mixer like always and turned the tap on.

i carried on and filled the smaller tank back up and i heard my digital thermometer beeping, i went over and it was showing 32 degrees!!!

i ran to the tap and i noticed that i had turned on the hot tap on by mistake. luckily the tank is 5ft and 1 end was alot cooler,so i carried on filling with cold water to balance it all out.

was a lucky escape as if i hadnt of had that digital thermometer,i dread to think how hot it would of got too until i noticed.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top