Epic Failure

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
WHAAAAAT!? When did I ever say I wanted her to be barefoot? What the heck man...
Also you don't have to be pregnant to have a kid. What if someone decides to adopt? There are lots of kids in the system with no family at all really...

But yeah you're right on the fact that we should probably stop this soon. Otherwise the mods might lock this... No need to do that
Mods schmods , I scoff at their feeble lock.

@GaryE I gave you the "wow" rating for that last comment of post # 21 because we really should have an emoji rating that shows a guy shrugging his shoulders with a question mark over his head. Attention @Fishmanic .
Anywho, how in the world does anybody forget stuff like fish eggs ? Maybe I'm overly anal but I NEVER forget anything in my fish room. Never , nothing. Ever. As for insulated heated incubators , all my associates say that is unnecessary and that room temperature is more than adequate . But , then , I've never bred Notho's so I'm talking out my butt here.
Dude, it's just some fish eggs. It's not a big deal. He and his wife were both working multiple jobs and have kids to attend to. It's not a big deal to lose a few eggs... Even if his wife wasn't working 3 jobs he still needs to come home and be a dad. He can not just get her pregnant and that is the end of his father job. That's not even a dad... Like I said, just a few eggs. Not a big deal. Life happens. If you have never forgotten good for you...

Last edited:
Dude, it's just some fish eggs. It's not a big deal. He and his wife were both working multiple jobs and have kids to attend to. It's not a big deal to lose a few eggs... Even if his wife wasn't working 3 jobs he still needs to come home and be a dad. Like I said, just a few eggs. Not a big deal. Life happens. If you have never forgotten good for you...
Yes ! I am the King of The Trolls !

Well, did my water changes today and immediately all three pairs go into spawning overdrive. They like to place eggs onto the sponge filter. Time to watch closer. I'll crack this nut sooner or later. I see eggs but the females turn and eat them right away. What do I have to do ? Sit there with a siphon hose ?

Well, did my water changes today and immediately all three pairs go into spawning overdrive. They like to place eggs onto the sponge filter. Time to watch closer. I'll crack this nut sooner or later. I see eggs but the females turn and eat them right away. What do I have to do ? Sit there with a siphon hose ?
Could it be that you arent feeding them enough? Maybe if you feed them a little more, they will be less likely to eat the eggs.

Could it be that you arent feeding them enough? Maybe if you feed them a little more, they will be less likely to eat the eggs.
That's the one thing I know it's not. I feed for egg production. If anything they get too much to eat.
Hey ! A fish perpetual motion machine. You never feed them , they lay their own food. Note to self : call Tetra Min.

Well , it had to happen sooner or later. I killed one of my female australe . Doing water changes today and she swam right up to the siphon hose and got pulled sideways and broke her spine. I usually watch for that because they are really curious about that siphon hose. I usually watch them like a hawk and keep one thumb close to the outlet to stop the flow. Today I was distracted and the worst happened.
But this is why I got three pairs when I got them. Something stupid like this happens to everybody every so often. I still have two females and guess what ?
I found half a dozen good looking eggs in her mop ! I relocated the male and now I wait . Maybe she left me a parting gift.
The moral of the story ? If anything can go wrong it will.

If you are going to get the eggs first - one pair per tank. Dimmer lighting. Mop checking daily. As you start removing the eggs, they seem to stop looking for them. I mean, why bother? It's odd, but I've observed that us stealing eggs slows them eating eggs - even the eggs we miss.
And in trios, the third wheel figures it's time for a snack.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back