English & Grammar

darkleo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have noticed many people writing with english and grammar that is hard to understand. Sometimes, it can make it very difficult to know what someone is saying.
I'm not sure what to suggest... someone to interpret would be good.

International forum such as this, you'll get this. But I think of it like this: They can speak (write) far better English than I can of any other language! Sometimes also, ppl lik 2 writ in txt. Teenagers!

Then again, some people just can't be bothered.

If you cant read it then dont read it. As per the post above this is an international forum and for many members English is not their first language.

There are also many of very inteligent people who do have problems with being able to spell or with getting the grammar just right. (and the TXT typers but I just won't get into that :p).

I would say that 99% of the posts I have read where perfectly understandable.

There is a difference between people writing in English when it is clearly not their first language, and those oiks that deliberately write in semi-code.

Broken English where the author has tried is fine. People too wrapped up in themselves to consider how difficult their posts are to many people deserve to be ignored, or get the advice from other oiks that probably have as little knowledge as the questioners.

Many of the better helpers on the board routinely ignore txt/leet/cute/coloured/fonted messages.

Please also remember that some people are dyslexic, including at least one highly expert contributor to these forums.

urgh, funny colored messages are the worst. :sick: i don't know why, but people not using the default font gets right up my nose :lol: i realize that this is a silly and overly picky response, but that doesn't stop me from hating it!

:stupid:

LOL I hate when people use a really small font, or write in a really hard-to-read color. Haha :p

International forum such as this, you'll get this. But I think of it like this: They can speak (write) far better English than I can of any other language! Sometimes also, ppl lik 2 writ in txt. Teenagers!

Then again, some people just can't be bothered.
No, no, no! You got it wrong, instead of "ppl lik 2 writ" it's ppl lyk 2 rite :p

I would be the first to admit that my english is not very good.
Don't care anymore more important things in life than to be a great writer.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back