Empty Bottles ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

fulltilt

Reaction score
I went to another LFS the other day, and noticed that in most tanks they had en empty glass bottle in the tank. It didn't seem to matter what species was in the tank, the bottle was just random.

Should I think of doing the same ?, or is it just if they breed ?

I would love to get a knifefish at some stage, and they seem to prefer a 'cave' to sit in sometimes.

It's a hide out, I would chose something more natural. Empty glass bottle could contain some stuff that would hurt fish (wine can't be good for fish).

Javaplants advertised in PFK their new line in coconut shells with java moss.. If your too lazy like me to make your own.. then they sell 'em for £8.50.

Squid

Didn't think of that :eek:

It would definitely be stagnant. The bottles ranged from just lying on the bottom to maybe 25% buried with the opening still level with the gravel.

It could work if you had cut the bottom of the bottle to it's a tunnel. Then just add a small powerhead so that circulation will be happening inside the tunnel.

Hi. I have a couple of small glass bottles in my tank. I like the look of them and haven't experienced any obvious problems with them. Once in a while a guppy will find it's way into one, but they eventually find their way out.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back