Emergency with my betta!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Rubys.aquatics

Reaction score
This is Birdie. He is my rescue betta who used to have swim bladder and fin rot when I first got him, but Iā€™ve healed him from that and he just has a blind eye, but has been perfectly healthy and thriving. Recently heā€™s went Iā€™ll and has been super clamped, and laying on the bottom of his tank. I took him out and was treated him with medication and aquarium salt. All of a sudden heā€™s got this giant bump/growth on his head, and around that he has a very very deep hole in his head. When I searched up ā€œhole in the head for bettasā€ none of them look like this. He still comes up to get air and is just chilling in his hospital jar, but what is this? What do I do? Euthanize or give him a chance? I need help, this betta means so much to me, I love him. I will add photos at the bottom.

Attachments

• 2FF70C4D-6B80-4FCC-B873-45F68FCEC3B5.jpeg
    2FF70C4D-6B80-4FCC-B873-45F68FCEC3B5.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 01AA39E9-2490-4B12-ACC5-0B937A68334F.jpeg
    01AA39E9-2490-4B12-ACC5-0B937A68334F.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 29
Looks like a fungus to me or maybe cotton wool disease (search that)? @Colin_T could confirm or deny. Idk what the hole could be from maybe this fungus or disease opened up a hole or old injury?

Hard to say, but I always lean toward giving him a chance. Sometimes things look worse than they really are.

Thank you guys, Iā€™m still giving him a chance but I donā€™t want him to suffer. I donā€™t think itā€™s quite cotton wool disease, but the growth on his head looks similar. Also I noticed bubbles occasionally coming out of the whole, maybe because itā€™s near his gill and air is coming out. But itā€™s really weird, it sends shivers down my spine every time I look at it.

I can't tell what your talking about. If you can post video and pictures from different angles and circle the area, it might help. Check pictures on your computer to make sure they are in focus.

You can upload videos to YouTube, then copy & paste the link here.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back