Eletric Blue Ram

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

123benny123

Reaction score
i was thing of buying some eletric blue ram's for my 90l fish tank but i dont know if they have been dyed that colour or not is there a certain way of telling or what please could someone help me??

I don't know anything about them but someone had the same type of thread about them the other day.

No, they haven't been dyed.
They've just been breed so that the normal blue speckles of the wild ram's colouration has spread further and further out (like breeding a dalmation to have more spots ;) )

As with a lot of highly artificially bred varieties (pug dogs, for instance) they may be slightly more delicate and require a little more TLC than the near wild or wild sort.

For rams this means really warm (28°C/82°F), really clean (zero ammonia and nitrite and less than 40ppm nitrate at all times).
They may stay smaller than the normal coloured ram too, but no cruelty has been used to produce them and looked after there's no reason why they shouldn't have a perfectly normal, happy life.

If you like them and can met their needs, have them :good:

They're not a hybrid fish either, just a special strain of Mikrogeophagus ramirezi

Just to add to the above, they should ideally be kept in water parameters with low mineral contents and an acidic PH, and a sand substrate is essential as they're earth eaters.

Most reactions

trending

Back