elegance corals

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Salt Freak

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I 'm looking at the elegance corals some people say they r hard some people say they r easy some people say they do good or they don't. does anybody have any if so what r ur prefrences about this coral.

Well im not sure about your location but Elegance corals are banned on inport over here in the UK i beleive. They are certainly on the Cites list.

I have seen shops selling propgated Elegances but they are astronomically expensive!

some people say they r hard some people say they r easy

This is a classic situation where an experienced reefkeeper will have little trouble in an established tank. They are hardy in a good matured tank.

Yes, I know, some would say this about most corals. :D

But the elegance does not require any special feeding regimen as some nightmare corals do. Just good stable conditions and a little experimentation in placement when you first get it.

For a close alternative, frogspawn, for me anyway, have proven to be one of the hardier LPS, and look just as sweet.

GL

off liveaquaria there only about 40 u.s. dollars thats really cheap here for a coral yet a alone a elegance.

Are these the same things Eric Borneman is doing a study on over at reefcentral? If so I dont think survival is very good at all at the moment.

Ed4567 said:
Are these the same things Eric Borneman is doing a study on over at reefcentral? If so I dont think survival is very good at all at the moment.
Yep sure is!! There are very few ppl who can keep this coral alive for the long term.

Most reactions

Back