Electric blue acara

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Galvin88

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So the last couple of days i noticed my Acara has been pretty quiet and most staying in one spot but didnt notice anything wrong anywhere.
This morning i noticed he had a white stringy poo, i took the photo at 11:30am and the poo is still there now at 14:30.
Anyone have any idea if this is a problem and if so how to treat him.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20211020_111952.jpg
    20211020_111952.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 20211020_111858.jpg
    20211020_111858.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 87
Hey guys,
So the last couple of days i noticed my Acara has been pretty quiet and most staying in one spot but didnt notice anything wrong anywhere.
This morning i noticed he had a white stringy poo, i took the photo at 11:30am and the poo is still there now at 14:30.
Anyone have any idea if this is a problem and if so how to treat him.
Thanks
saw that once in my goldfish. It dropped off. Read itā€˜s caused by constipation. I didnā€™t treat. Heā€™s fine. Only happened the one time

You can google dietary adjustments

If the fish is eating well and doing stringy white poop it's usually intestinal worms.

If the fish has stopped eating completely, does a stringy white poop and bloats up, it has an internal bacterial infection.

If the fish is only eating a bit, does stringy white poop and is not acting normally but is still moving around a bit, it has an internal protozoan infection.

See the following link for information about stringy white poop in fish. It covers all 3 of these issues and includes treatment where applicable.

Thatā€™s good, hope itā€™s a poop, but I am new the hobby & could be way off. Constipation was the first thing that popped up when I googled. It fell off & the fish and his tank mates are fine.

Most reactions

trending

Back