Eheim Pro 2 (2026) Leaking

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

proton

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I didn't know where else to post this so posted here.

My filter started to lean and I have search on google for answers and over the last two week bought and replaced all o-rings (vaselined them) and It thought it was all OK. Then I connected it all back up again and it was still leaking. I noticed that the flowindicator was leaking (the actual culprit) and took it out and cleaned it and when I placed it back I broke one of the side clips and can't find it anywhere (the spare part) execpt here (part number 7444415).

$44 is a too expensive to replace it and not to mention postage costs to UK and time taken to arrive, I would rather get a new filter then. I would like to get it fixed as this is a good filter and I think it still has a few years left in it. Does anyone know where to get it? Or any other advice? I did connect everything back and it still leaks (although a little less after cleaning it).

Ive got the same filter given to me in a 2nd hand bundle tank i bought that im not going to use, id be willing to sell it now and you can collect if your close enough to me, ive cleaned the whole thing and it all works, i just have my own filters and wont need this too

paradiddle said:
Ive got the same filter given to me in a 2nd hand bundle tank i bought that im not going to use, id be willing to sell it now and you can collect if your close enough to me, ive cleaned the whole thing and it all works, i just have my own filters and wont need this too

I've sent you a PM. Thanks

Hi 

Is vaseline the proper grease for o-rings? Many people say on blogs that vaseline is bad for the o-rings in the long run. What's true?

Ragards
Mads

Mads said:
Hi 

Is vaseline the proper grease for o-rings? Many people say on blogs that vaseline is bad for the o-rings in the long run. What's true?

Ragards
Mads
Well that is a good question, but if it lasts a couple of years then I will be happy. Else I will just sell it on fleabay and get an All Ponds Solutions filter.

Eheim Pro II filters came with a little tube of "7345988 EHEIM Special Vaseline 5 gr." How special do you think it really is?

I've just tried the spezialfett with the rubber rings between the filter baskets. They seems to schrink a bit after that. they still but a tigher fitt.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back