Egg laden cory

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

marnold00

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey guys, one of my sterbai is egg laden! Noticed a behaviour change (and shape change in the right places) and my research confirmed that she is likely to be egg laden. The water is fine (ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5-10 and GH and KH both around 8). She is eating normally and does not look unhealthy in any way. Just slightly rounder and not as hyper as the others (but this behaviour change happened overnight).

Sooo i need to up my cory numbers anyway, and it would be cool if i could do it myself. I DONT have a quarantine tank (nor will i get one at this stage. I can only have one tank).

Is it worth getting a breeding net? The cherry barbs would eat eggs and fry.

What do fertilised eggs look like? I believe i read unfertilised are a browny colour.

Say i somehow succeed... I feed baby brine shrimp right? And what size to go in the tank? When they cant fit in any mouths?

Just to add, i know theres a strong chance that ive misread the situation but id rather br prepared!

Shes also a lot more active with one of the smaller ones (which i assume is male), which fits in perfectly with what i read... The fact she would spend 48 hours or so not really doing much and then begin the courting...

My corys haven't done this yet but its so exciting!

Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back