Egg Crate

amyw2008

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
531
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bristol
i have seen egg crates mentioned a few times on here but where do you get them and what are they for?
 
ahhhh now i understand..... Always did wonder as people talked about them on here :unsure:
 
The stuff we call egg crate is a description of the way they look. A real egg crate has spaces far too large for what we are using them for. What we mean by egg crate for tank dividers and to distribute weight in a substrate is a plastic square grid with openings of about 1 cm square. The material comes in sheets that are about 1 cm thick and is normally used as a diffuser for a light fixture.
 
It took me a long time to figure out where to find it. I finally figured out it was in the lighting section of the home goods store, like Home Depot, Lowes, or in my case Ace Hardware (In the States). I got a piece about a month ago and cut it into sections that could be used as dividers in my big tanks. I had a bully fish that I wanted to contain while the newcomers acclimated.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top