Ebo Jager heater

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

leafs

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I just purchased a 100 watt heater which is suppose to be one of the best heaters around. I set the temp to 75, but my thermometer keeps reading 80. I tried another thermomater and it also showed 80. Do you think that the heater is not working properly? They say that it should be accurate within a degree or so. Should I try a better thermomater, maybe digital? I'm using those hang on thermometers that costs a few bucks.

Thanks.

The adjustment on heaters is notoriously inaccurate. If you have 2 thermometers saying the same, then I suggest the thermostat on the heater is a little out.

Remember, heater thermostats can be "accurate" without being "accurate"! They may keep the water at a very steady temperature, thus are accurate, but their adjustment control may be very rough, thus inaccurate.

If you see what I mean...

Lateral Line said:
The adjustment on heaters is notoriously inaccurate. If you have 2 thermometers saying the same, then I suggest the thermostat on the heater is a little out.

Remember, heater thermostats can be "accurate" without being "accurate"! They may keep the water at a very steady temperature, thus are accurate, but their adjustment control may be very rough, thus inaccurate.

If you see what I mean...
I see what your saying. I set the heater dail to 71, so my thermometers are saying 76. It seems to be holding at that temperature consistently. I might return the heater anyway. I can understand a difference of a degree or two, but 5 degrees! Thanks for your help.

if im not mistaken these eheim heaters have an easy re-calibration option. You undo a little screw - or something - move the dial round to what your thermometers actually reads and do back up.....

PB

plateletboy said:
if im not mistaken these eheim heaters have an easy re-calibration option. You undo a little screw - or something - move the dial round to what your thermometers actually reads and do back up.....

PB
That's interesting. I didn't read anything in the manual. I did notice a small round piece of plastic on top of the dial, but it doesn't move. Maybe there's a screw under it? I'll have to investigate.

Thanks for your help.

I got an answer about this problem from the people at Ebo Jager. They told me to push up the little blue plastic piece on top of the dial and adjust the temp, then push back down. I knew that there was a reason for the button. Looks like they have good customer service. It only took a day for them to respond. :D

Most reactions

Back