Ebo Jager heater

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

leafs

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I've seen these heaters totally submersed, but it has a water level line near the top which your not suppose to go above. Is it ok to submerse it? I'm thinking it's just the manufacturer covering their butts incase theres a problem.

My ebo jaegers are fully submersible. Are you sure the line isn't a mark after which it MUST be submerged? (ie it is fully submersible but if you don;t want to submerse it so you don't get your fingers wet when when adjusting it, you just submerse it to the line and can leave the rest above water?)

This from Aquaticsonline.co.uk:

Jager Aquarium Heaters
Jäger Heater/Thermostats from Eheim Aquatics

A top quality heater/thermostat from Jäger, part of the Eheim Aquatics Group

As a result of the use of DURAN® laboratory safety glass as the glass jacket, heat transmission is excellent, which results in a lower wattage to heat up the same volume of water (300w heats up to 1000 litres)

Model
Watts L mm Ø mm °C Tank Size
200w 200 400 24.5 18-34 300-400 litres
300w 300 500 24.5 18-34 600-1000 litres

Precise adjustable temperature control
Accurate to +/- 0.5°C
Heater on/off indicator lamp
Dry running protection
Fully submersible
1.7m of mains cable
Excellent heat transmission
Special Schott DURAN® shatterproof glass - i.e resistant to cold water shock

HTH

Sarah

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it said do not go above the line. I've had it for a year now and I've never went above the line, so I guess it's ok. I'll have to check to make sure. I really like these heaters. It keeps the temp very constant. Thanks for you help SarahBravo.

It's a legality issue. All my Ebo's have that line, they are all fully submersed.

Tolak

I thought it might be a legal issue. I guess their just trying to cover their butts incase something happens. I usually just keep mine in the upright position. Is there a better place to position it? I've seen my lfs place them sideways near the bottom. I'm not sure if it would make a big difference. My temp is always constant anyways. Thanks.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back