Ebay- Too Good To Be True?

llamalord305

Fishaholic
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
436
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Miami, Florida, U.S.
I ws looking around eBay for some thermometers and I found this:
Link.

99 cents for a digital thermometer! Too good to be true! Seriously, how good could the quality of this be? You can see exactly the same one for 8 bucks. I'm wondering if this will short out the second it is turned on. Anyone have experiecnes with cheap Chinese stuff on eBay?
 
Looks like that is one where the probe stays in the tank and the readout bit stays out of the tank so depends what you want. For 99cents worth a try?
 
as in most walks of life...you get what you pay for......
 
as in most walks of life...you get what you pay for......

true. but there is no point spending too much. i have two "pro" digi thermometers. both costing close to £100 + calibration. thing is, i never use them. well, after the first time, anyway.

as most "household" thermometers, varie to some degree. once you get to £5 or so, they are much of a muchness. whilst digi's look cool, it seems they are no more accurate than a spirit version. spirits are about £1 anyway, and they don't need batteries.
 
i bought that exact thermometer the other week.

works like a charm... :)

Me too :) I'm very pleased with it also! I ended up spending a bit more money buying it from a UK seller though as I tried to buy two from a seller in China for the same price as 1 in the UK but never got them and in the end I had to open a dispute!
 
your link just shows a search for digitial thermometers, not the specific one you are talking about.

If it's the little black one that sticks to the outside of the tank, with a probe that sits inside, it's the same as I got for 99p.

I was doubtful that it was very accurate when I first got it, but I then checked it aganst a callebrated one from work, and it was only 0.1c off.

Bargain!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top