easiest plants to care for

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

fish_newbie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
any plants where i can just throw them in and not worry aout the kind of light i have? maybe like hornwort, java fern, java moss, etc...

The ones you mentioned, plus anubias and cryptocoryne species. Both low light and low maintenance but the crypts are root feeders so you might wanna put some root tabs in for them. Not strictly "throw them in and leave them" I know but they are great plants!

What are moss balls? or was that a joke? Seems like I have heard of them before but I have never seen them in any of my LFS's.

There's this onion plant that I've seen alot of lfs sell so i bought two and they grow fast and huge. They're already growing out of my 55g, but they're a thick plant so no fish(not even my 12 in pleco) can do damage to it. Here you can see them(one on each side of the tank) with their leafs floating at the surface.

uj.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow! Very interesting. The Moss Balls do look like Tribbles. Thanks for the info!

clutterydrawer said:
The ones you mentioned, plus anubias and cryptocoryne species. Both low light and low maintenance but the crypts are root feeders so you might wanna put some root tabs in for them. Not strictly "throw them in and leave them" I know but they are great plants!
:nod: :nod: :nod: :thumbs: african water fern

Some aponogetons aren't too demanding in terms of light. The package of bulbs at wal-mart have grown fine for me in low light . :thumbs:

Bangin said:
Some aponogetons aren't too demanding in terms of light. The package of bulbs at wal-mart have grown fine for me in low light . :thumbs:
How much was the package of bulbs at Walmart? :dunno:

cometcattle said:
How much was the package of bulbs at Walmart? :dunno:
I think it was $2-3 for 6-8 bulbs. They all sprouted within a week. You can do a mail return if a bulb is a 'dud'.

Just for info, I once had a few clumps of java moss in an uncovered opaque plastic bin (and water), ... in the kitchen ... under a counter ... in early spring ... for about four weeks, and it did just as well as the java moss in my tank.

Most reactions

Back