Easiest, Easiest Breeders Of Them All

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
When it gets to egg scatterers, I believe the very first fish bred by anyone (apart from livebearers) is either the zebra danio or the black widow tetra....... What was your experience??
 
Kribensis, when I had a pair of them they bred like rabbits, over 100 fry within 6 months :hyper:
 
Japanese Ricefish, because I can handle them than convict cichlids and red rosy minnows which is out of control.

But then im livebearer person, not egglayer person.
 
Convicts IMO. At my lfs, they had gotten a new batch of convicts on friday. I was in there on sunday and 2 convicts had paired of and layed eggs on some rocks. They had all the other convicts and parrots as teh top of the tank ! But after them, Jewel Cichlids , then Yellow Labs, then Kribensis, then Most Mbuna fish.
 
I've never managed to breed fish, at all. :(

It's not that I've ever really tried, but you'd think after seven years nature would have taken its course at least once!

I've seen plenty of courtship type behavior, and the occasional bubble nest, but no little'uns yet.
 
I've also had some lucky breaks.... Bought 8 angels (pearly scales) to rear as a potential breeding pair..... I had 4 breeding pairs that bred religiuosly 1nce per week and produced about 350 per shot. Then the Cosbies that I bought, 1x male and 1x female bred the same afternoon that I set them up and then every week for 4 weeks in a row ( until I separated them to stop them) About 1 500 at a time.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top