Earthworm Feed

vis

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
South Africa
Hi all.
I know some of you give little bits of live(fresh, straight out of the ground kind of live, maybe chopped) earthworm.
No we kind of breed with earthworms. But I was wondering how can I make live earthworms into something that can be used for fish feed and give it a longer shelf life. As in how do I go about doing that not only for myself but maybe even earning some pocket money in the process.
Freeze dry(what is it, how?)?. just put them in the sun and dry? freeze them? chop them up etc.
Also do you think there is any kind of market for this?

any, ANY other relevant info will be kindly appreciated!
thanks
 
Put them in a container filled with moist dirty in the fridge. Keeps them alive for at least 2 weeks or so, maybe even longer.
 
Thanks
Moist dirty? or did you just mean dirt?

Anybody know anything about drying?
 
Ah! Vis,..... Toe ek jou bynaam sien toe weet ek sommer hier is nog a Suid Afrikaner, toe gaan kyk ek jou "properties"...... Waar bly jy?? Ek is van Thabazimbi, Limpopo.
 
I think the language is because both of them have their location as 'Seth Efrica'
 
???

have mny eyes gone wonky! :crazy:
[/quote]


Rocknurworld/Shroob and Kribensis. You see... "Vis" is "Fish" in Afrikaans, so I deducted that I'm not the only South African on the forum hence my posting which translates directly as:
"Ah! Fish,.....When I saw your nickname, I immediately deducted that there is another South African online, so I checked your "proprties"..... Where do you stay?? I am from Thabazimbi, Limpopo (Province).

Hope that clears the hyroglyphics for you.
 
Yep, i wish i could speak/type anther launguage. Wait im coverd for typing another launguage, Google Language prefernces anyone? HEHEHEHEHE!
 
haha. Im from north west. potchefstroom

So, back on topic, can anyone tell me more about the drying of earthworms?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top