Earthquake

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
global warming is a myth
perpetuated by certain governments of the world and
scientist that have to explain what they are spending thier massive grants on.

If it is acceptable, I could do a post on the myth of global warming
but is that really a topic for this forum or indeed any other part of TFF?

A slightly cynical view (to which you are entitled) but it is not backed up by enough validated research, but I see your point.

is it not backed up by enough evidence?

as miss wiggle said there have always been temperature fluctuations, before we were even here! In prehistoric times it was alot hotter than it is now.
But also there have been temp fluctuations when we were here, just when we didnt have cars or factories etc, for example take the middle ages, it was much hotter then (in global temperature terms) than it is now. and there are many more examples, if you look at a graph of temperature going back over time the line doesnt stay flat! and its not like the line we are on now is right above all the other times.

Also solar activity and global temperature have showed much more correlation than co2 and global temperature ever has, they have actually been very very closely linked.

And another thing, why did temperature go down over the economic boom when cars and factories were being used all the time, and were pumping out all sorts of fumes with god knows what in them, and then came back up again when there was a scare on global warming and everyone brought in "cleaner" fuels which gave off "cleaner" fumes? Maybe global dimming comes into play here?

There are many examples that oppose the theory that humans are causing global warming, some of them can probably be explained, but at the same time i think that the co2 emissions etc=global warming theory dont have that much evidence to base the facts on.

Buuuuuuuuut anyway thats a different argument :p

Glad to hear that the earth tremmor didnt claim any lives or have any/many casualties :good:

The Earhquake woke me up, I was sleeping in late and sudenly the whole house started moving, at first I thought it was a dream. Thinking back, it was so obviously an Earthquake, but in the UK it's not something you expect, so I thought it was a dream. The mouse for my computer did fall of the table though.

Mike

The Earhquake woke me up, I was sleeping in late and sudenly the whole house started moving, at first I thought it was a dream. Thinking back, it was so obviously an Earthquake, but in the UK it's not something you expect, so I thought it was a dream. The mouse for my computer did fall of the table though.

Mike

:lol: my sister lives just off the seafront in folkestone, and slept right through it, I was at work in Deal, and felt it, but you're right, it's the last thing you expect in this part of the world!

Anyone know if the eurotunnel was affected, I haven't heard anything to the contrary, but can't see how it can't not have been damaged in some way.

lol nobody says global warming is not taking place!!! the argument is if it is natural or man made, omg even G W Bush, would admit that.

in the end it could have much to do with this forum. as the habitats that the fish we keep, change or vanish.

Anyone know if the eurotunnel was affected, I haven't heard anything to the contrary, but can't see how it can't not have been damaged in some way.

A spokesman for Eurotunnel said that the Channel Tunnel was unaffected by the earthquake. “It was built with tremors in mind,â€￾ he said. “It’s built to survive earthquakes with a significantly higher magnitude than the one on Saturday.â€￾
taken from
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1723194.ece

A spokesman for Eurotunnel said that the Channel Tunnel was unaffected by the earthquake. “It was built with tremors in mind,â€￾ he said. “It’s built to survive earthquakes with a significantly higher magnitude than the one on Saturday.â€￾
taken from
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1723194.ece

yeah im not surprised, to have something like the channel closed down even temporarily would be catastrophic, they must have thought of every possibility in advance.

Slept strait thru it lol, only went to bed about 5am that morning tho so i was still in the middle of my 'deep sleep'.
It woke my girlfriend up who was staying round mine, she said my tiger barbs didnt seem to like it :)

I didn't even hear about this until reading the thread. We had one here in about 1989? that was interesting.

btw, I'm not buying man-made Global warming either.

And another thing, why did temperature go down over the economic boom when cars and factories were being used all the time, and were pumping out all sorts of fumes with god knows what in them, and then came back up again when there was a scare on global warming and everyone brought in "cleaner" fuels which gave off "cleaner" fumes? Maybe global dimming comes into play here?

There are many examples that oppose the theory that humans are causing global warming, some of them can probably be explained, but at the same time i think that the co2 emissions etc=global warming theory dont have that much evidence to base the facts on.

Oh dear - someone else who is relying on information outlined by the Channel 4 documentary. Nevermind.

Oh dear - someone else who is relying on information outlined by the Channel 4 documentary. Nevermind.

Im not relying on that information tyvm, it was just in response to someone saying "there is no evidence" also i said that some of it can probably be explained at the end.
So what if some of it is from a documentary, isnt most of the man-made global warming theory told by the media anyway? :rolleyes: That is only one fact anyway, i mean come on, i gave quite a few there and congratulations on spotting the one fact/theory given by the media.
Please speak directly to me next time as opposed to taking the easy way and going third person.

I heard a woman talking on the radio the morning of the earthquake. She tried to make it sound really dramatic, but when asked if she noticed any of the earthquakes effects she said, "my broadband flickered for a bit".. hehe.. didn't quite have the same impact as other earthquake stories around the world.

Squid

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back