Dwarf Or Clawed?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

nikkifro8994

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I kept 3 ADFs in a 5 gallon tank a couple years back. Sadly, I lost one when he decided that gravel was food and the other two died when I had a huge pH swing. I miss my frogs and want to keep some again. Now I just have to figure out which species I want to keep: dwarf or clawed.

I have a 10 gallon tank that I was planning on using for either 5 or so ADFs or 1 ACF. The tank will be bare bottom to avoid another gravel mishap. I have a 20 gallon aquaclear filter with a sponge over the intake and a 10 gallon heater that I'll use with the frogs. I'll add caves and plants as well. I haven't decided yet on live or fake. If they're live, I'll keep them in pots because I won't have substrate to root them in.

I can't find much info regarding the care of ACFs. Are they fairly similar to dwarves, just larger? I fed my dwarves frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp every day. Just enough for them to look a little plump. The rest went to my other fish. I currently have a 29 gallon saltwater tank that gets mysid shrimp and pieces of prawn, muscles, and whatever white flesh fish is on sale at the time, usually tilapia. Would the ACF eat these as well?

Which species of frog do you recommend, dwarf or clawed? I know only 1 clawed frog in that tank, but how many dwarves could I have? Would 5 be safe? That gives each frog 2 gallons.

Hi there, I've kept dwarf frogs for about a year and a half now, they're great! Very entertaining :)

I have no experience keeping clawed frogs but I am considering it. I am hoping they are as amusing to watch as the dwarves.

Here is a site I've been reading http://aquaticfrogs.tripod.com/index.html , has a lot of information on how to care for both types.

It says one gallon per dwarf frog, but I would have thought 8 in a 10 gallon would be about the maximum.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back