Dwarf crayfish

How long is he going to hide ?
IMG_0397.jpeg

So far he is not interested in my shrimp. Fingers crossed.
I have 2 of them in my shrimp tank. They won't eat healthy shrimp- even fry. They will eat sick or dead ones, though. I LOVE them. They make me think of little grumpy guys stomping around the bottom of the tank. Mine try to climb up the sides of the tank and inevitably fall off. My two do scrap a bit, but they mostly posture, jump around and then jump away from each other.

I can't tell if one is male and the other is female. I hope so, but not sure.

Anyway, love the pics of yours- they are so much fun and add a whole other dimension of fun to the shrimp tank!

I have 2 of them in my shrimp tank. They won't eat healthy shrimp- even fry. They will eat sick or dead ones, though. I LOVE them. They make me think of little grumpy guys stomping around the bottom of the tank. Mine try to climb up the sides of the tank and inevitably fall off. My two do scrap a bit, but they mostly posture, jump around and then jump away from each other.

I can't tell if one is male and the other is female. I hope so, but not sure.

Anyway, love the pics of yours- they are so much fun and add a whole other dimension of fun to the shrimp tank!
They are a blast. My males has a thinner tail and larger claws compared to my female.

@MuddyWaters @gwand What water hardness do you keep your dwarf crays at? A quick google search says they can be okay at 1deg KH and 3deg GH. My water parameters just barely meet those minimums, but I suspect they're probably similar to other shrimp and do better at higher hardness. I'd love to have one of these guys though.

@MuddyWaters @gwand What water hardness do you keep your dwarf crays at? A quick google search says they can be okay at 1deg KH and 3deg GH. My water parameters just barely meet those minimums, but I suspect they're probably similar to other shrimp and do better at higher hardness. I'd love to have one of these guys though.
I have very hard water, GH is 215 ppm.

Most reactions

Back