Dwarf Bettas, Can They Happen?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

keithp

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Has anyone found or accidently bred a dwarf betta, one who's body size was much smaller than normal and never grew full size. I have never seen one, but I was wondering if it could occur.

If anyone has one, can they have a healthy life? If you have one please post pics!

There are wild types of dwarf bettas. The ones we normally come across can vary alot in size. We have a little girl that is still quite tiny compared to some of our others. I suppose it's abit like people.....some are short and some are tall.

Vega (3rd one bottom row of my sig) was a small guy. Come to think of it, all the copper plakats I had seem to be small. Is that genetic?

i have a very small male hm, a baby that i bred my self, that is about 1 year old now, and he is very small, his mom was on the smaller size and his dad was a little large , i have several of his brothers and sisters still, well so dose newfishey and the other boys are normal sized maby one or 2 of the girls are a bit smaller then average, but finney is tiny, in perfect porportion, with the best finnage of any hm ive had, but he is only a inch head to the body base of his tail, with his tail a little more then half a inch more... dunno why

does it depend on how they are raised?

keeping a lot of them and not changing the water stunts growth, so they stay quite small.

naww he got the same exact tank conditions and water changes that his brothers got and some of them are twice his size. :blink:

Has anyone found or accidently bred a dwarf betta, one who's body size was much smaller than normal and never grew full size. I have never seen one, but I was wondering if it could occur.

If anyone has one, can they have a healthy life? If you have one please post pics!
I have one and it's also black. I've had him for over 3 years now..

Attachments

• 20210703_182055.jpg
    20210703_182055.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20210703_182028.jpg
    20210703_182028.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 92
I have a thread about trying to breed a dwarf line . I got two generations . I couldn’t get a third

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back