Dropsy?!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kabernick30

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
So i noticed 1 of my 3 new zebra danios had his scales sticking out and icame to the conclusion that he had dropsy but he died 5 minutes after i found out...three hours later my black phantom died with no obvious signs of dropsy however his balance was off and he was swimming without control.

All my water parameters are good, ive done a 40-50% weekly water change however im not sure what to do next. My tank is 10 gallons and houses 2 zebra danios, a cory cat and a dwarf pleco however iwill be upgrading to a 26 within the week

What should i do?

It could be something in the water.  I would personally do a full water change.  Put about 25% of the water into a bucket and put the fish in there.  Attach the heater to the side and put in a small bubbler if you have one.  If you can work with the lights off or put a towel over the bucket to help reduce stress.  Do all new water and then acclimate the fish to the new water, but don't mix in any of the water they were in.  I have done this a few times with no fish deaths.  They could die, but this is the only advice I can give for this.  Sorry! Wish i could help more. 

I would not jump too hastily yet at a 100% water change until we know what is going on.

How long has this tank been set up?

Test for ammonia. Did you clean the filter. 10G is difficult to keep the levels stabil / low.
Overhere (Holland) they are thought not to be big enough to put fish in for that reason.
What's a dwarfpleco ??

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back