Drop Checker...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mlawson

Excessum ut clementia
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I thought I'd ask for your advice and recommendations on drop checkers. I thought it would be useful for my planted 25 litre nano, as I aim for a constant 30ppm of CO2.

I really want something cheap and efficient so have been searching E-bay, but as I don't have much experience with drop checkers I'm not sure whether they're good or not.

Heres the link. Are any of them suitable? Is it pointless me having a drop checker?

Cheers,
Mike

I have 2 of the Chamelion drop checkers from AquaticMagic on order. Waiting for them to come now. He wanted $18 each plus postage. I offered $18 for both and he counter offered $24 for both so I ordered! Always worth offering him 50-75% of the asking price and see if he takes it :)

As for how good they are, no idea as yet but I've got my fingers crossed :)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I got the one you linked to (egg style one at top). Arrived quickly from Hong Kong. Works a treat just don't use the supplied indicator solution. It just seems to be blue water (although I'm sure it's not). Mine just stayed blue when added to 4kdh water from AquaEssentials no matter how high I had the co2 going. I got some nutrafin ph kit and that turned green ie 30ppm in about 2 hours

Lol. I am blaming Themulous for this 'egg style' description.

Its a 'teardrop' drop checker.

I have one, I think they look really good.

Eggs ellent if you ask me

Andy

Lol. I am blaming Themulous for this 'egg style' description.

Its a 'teardrop' drop checker.

I have one, I think they look really good.

Eggs ellent if you ask me

Andy

yep - he's the one who recommended it, even though I prefer the look to the "snail" ones anyway

Lol. I am blaming Xing for this 'snail style' description.

Its a 'Chameleon' drop checker.

I don't have one, I think they look a load of molluscs.

Andy

couldn't agree more but not guilty coining the phase "snail" or "egg" - both came from others (probably both Themulous, LOL)

How do you get the water out of a chameleon (egg!) shaped one though? Am I missing something obvious as it looks like you'd need a really fine syringe to suck it out?

I use a syringe with my teardrop style.

It came with an inkjet refill kit and has a 3 inch long blunt needle.

Also works at sucking the water out of my diffusor etc.

And for measuring 6ml of TPN every 2 days etc.

In fact I can't list the number of things I use it for

I guess if you turn it upside down you could suck it out with one of the little pipettes that come with meds.

andy

I use a syringe with my teardrop style.

It came with an inkjet refill kit and has a 3 inch long blunt needle.

Also works at sucking the water out of my diffusor etc.

And for measuring 6ml of TPN every 2 days etc.

In fact I can't list the number of things I use it for

I guess if you turn it upside down you could suck it out with one of the little pipettes that come with meds.

andy

thats what I use

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back