• Thread starter Deleted member 107737
  • Start date

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

D

Deleted member 107737

Hi All,

Sorry in advance if ive posted in the wrong section just I cant decide where it should be posted. Anyway....

Ive set up my co2 system with drop checker. but the drop checker doesnt seem to be changing colour at 1bubble per second.

tank 150 litre. great circulation. diffuser at one end and drop checker at opposite end of tank.

I tried the co2 system in a bucket of water on day one to test everything. The drop checker changed to bright green/verge of yellow. bucket was 15 litre.

So i put the same setup in my tank and turned it up a notch so just over 1 bubble per second.

well ive been waiting over 2 hours and its still very dark green not lime green.

Would you say 1bps is too little??

Thanks,

Dave

First thing is water in drop checker aquarium water or dKH 4 solution.
If latter if dark green...up bps a weeee bit and wait 2-3 hours. Continue this till you get a nice lime green
Might take awhile. Took me 6 days too get it just right.
Find sweet spot and dont play with bps. High light ferts and co2 and plants will thrive.
Hope this helps. Could also go into planted sectoon and read pinned co2 post.
Good luck with CO2.

thanks.

im using 4dkh. its currently dark green. ive turned it up to just under 2 bubbles per second. is every tank in the world run on say between 1 and 10bps is there a limit how many bubbles.

What i mean is, what sort of range would i be looking at? between 2 - 5 bubbles?

I've moved this to the CO2 section.

The bubble count depends on a whole load of things, ranging from plant usage, to surface agitation to efficiency of diffusion. Larger tanks, naturally, need more CO2 than nano's.

So a huge tank may be 10bps, while a nano many only need 1. Depends really.

I would increase the bubble count a little bit each day until you are happy with the colour of the drop checker . its tempting to rush in and try get it set up and running perfect on day 1, but with co2 it doesn't work that way, you run the risk of killing your fish if you put too much in! No one can say your tank will need x amount of bpm because all tanks are different.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back