Driftwood With Bark On It

sswm

Fish Crazy
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
228
Reaction score
6
Points
18
I just picked up some driftwood and a piece still has some bark on it, will it be ok to put in my tank still?
 
shores of lake ontario(freshwater lake)
 
I would soak it in some boling water over it a few times to kill any bacteria that may be on it. Peel away any lose bit of bark (if there is no lose bits then leave it) and it should be fine!
 
Clean that piece of wood well, Lake Ontario is far from a pristine wilderness lake. The whole St Lawrence river system was so polluted when I was a kid that I was not allowed to swim in it. It has been many years since and a lot has been done to clean that river system up but I would be very careful with anything out of that water.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top