Dream/future Set Ups...

I'd love a really long and slender shaped tank for African Cichlids, ideally for tanganikyans.

Something like 2 foot wide, by 15 foot long would be immense!

Filtering it would be a pain though.
 
filtering big tanks isn't that hard. All you do is use a big trickle filter or a pond filter. The water flows into the filter at one end and is returned to the far end of the tank.
 
I'd love a really long and slender shaped tank for African Cichlids, ideally for tanganikyans.

Something like 2 foot wide, by 15 foot long would be immense!

Filtering it would be a pain though.

LOL I read that as being a 2ft long tank, I was like 'that ain't really long' :/
15 foot is biiiiiiiig, bigger than any room in my house :hyper:
 
I had to sell all my tanks because I'm moving out of state, so I get to start fresh once I'm settled in.

I'm planning on a 6ft mbuna tank, somewhere in the range of 180 to 200+ gallons, depends on what I can find. I'm either going to go with a pseudtropheus crabro species tank, or a two species tank with p.crabro & metriaclima greshakei, I'll probably also add some synos of some sort.

I'm also contemplating a 75 or 90 gal tiger barb tank, they'd be the main species with some low light plants, possibly clown loaches for the bottom. Maybe some kind of center piece New World cichlid.

Or maybe I'll just stick with the mbuna tank, I haven't really decided yet. :unsure:
 
any tank big enough to keep sturgeons would be me happy :D

and if not too far fetched, a tank to hold a couple of shovelnoses, more than just a couple of peacock basses, and a massive silver arowana, with enough room for me to add in more fishes.
 
i have actually stopped dreaming about new tanks now :( but im more than happy with the ones i have, i used to be at freeads and ebay constantly and at my lfs every other day, but not anymore, ive mellowed now, and am pleased with the way things are going, tho if i did happen to see a 6/7ft for sale i wouldnt be able to pass it up, i know that for a fact,but that would be for my oscars as they are my dream boys :)

shelagh xxxx

Where would u put the 6/7 footer hun, down the middle of the kitchen lol x


no that would be very impractical, id throw the sofa out!!- lol in all honesty if i put the sofa the other way round i could get an 8 ft tank in there, but, it would mean getting sky out to move all the wiring etc- bit of a pin, but then i havent come across a big tank, so who knows?? it may turn out to be a pleaseure having eveything disrupted for it hehe
 
My real dream "tank" would be something along the lines of my grandfather's indoor koi pond. As long as my cat hunts and destroys every animal he can reach (except the occasional mouse - last time I saw him with one, he licked it clean and tried to get it to stay in the box he hides his toys in), it'd never work, and I'm not too keen on jackhammering through the concrete slab my back room is built on, because I think the water main is under there somewhere.

My more financially and structurally realistic dream is a nanoreef. There's some small 15 gallon cube tanks specifically designed for nanoreefs that recently showed up at the LFS for $300, and they seem to be pretty popular. Need a few months more research before I even consider saving up for one, though.
 
i'd love to have a 4 meter high , 3 meter long tank put in the wall and fill i with angels and plant it with giant vallis :hyper:

orrr a river tank system running along my house :good: just keeping it realistic !
 
Just setting up a 260l tropical but my ultimate dream tank would be a 6ft x2ft marine set up.

When we move to a bigger house I would plan to put this in the dining room, however I have serious doubt abut ever being able to keep a marine set up running so may just need to be tropical... Still not so bad.

Vicki
 
we're really hoping that in the next house we have room for two decent sized tanks, we'd like two 6x2x2, probably on opposite sides of the living room or something like that. Have one as a beautiful coral reef tank, the other as a planted community. that'd keep us happy
 
If my hubby liked fish I would be laughing, but because he doesn't I am a bit restricted. I do usually just say 'I'm having this or that' and he is fairly good about it, he wasn't overly impressed when I had 16 bettas in separate tanks and I don't think he's overly impressed by the fact I'm getting a 30 gallon long in my kitchen next week but I don't even know if I'm going to like that either lol so the jury is out on that one.
 
Trying to keep it realistic (obviously i'd prefer a bigger tank in my dream), but i'd have a 6 x 2 x 2 with a big shoal of Tropheus Duboisi, and some Synodontis Multipunctatus flying around the bottom. :drool:

Edited to say, Mel, not all dream set-ups are 500 gallons...............................some are much more :lol:

Small tanks aren't really a dream to me because i could have them whenever i like. It's the massive unaffordable tanks which i consider a dream. :good:
 
at the moment its a 5x2x2 heavily planted discus set up, planning it all at the moment so i guess its a future set up? not really a dream set up, will have to think of something bigger!
 
I thought it was really weird that Mel and I had the same dream of a 3 foot apisto/dwarf cichlid tank, until I realised she put me onto the idea.

Two others though - a 6x2x2 tank for Silver Sharks, about 6 of them plus anything else that'll get on - definately some nice plecs, maybe a zebra or two.

And my last tank, a tall deep 40g or so that I can put a central spire of mopani wood and plants, then fill it with ember tetra's.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top