Dragon Flies

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Reaction score
actually managed to get close enough for some quick shots today . nightmares to photograph , especially with a macro lens . 2 days straight at the local nature reserve stalking dragonflies to get a mere 4 photos!!

large red damsel fly
damsel.jpg

damsel2.jpg

4 spotted chaser dragoonfly
dragon.jpg

dragon2.jpg

and a random lizard i stumbled upon by luck
lizard1.jpg

Nice pics mate :)

Must say its MORE than look to stumble upon our only true native lizard :D

regards

Those shots are ace, Mark! I've shot dragonflies too, but FL dragons are much more cooperative. They stay still.

thanks . the dragonflies where i go are the exact opposite , the ybarely sit still and when they do it near impossible to get close enough . :crazy: would be nice if they sat still like the ones where you are

In my opinion the best way to get close to dragon flies is to go fishing lol they seem to be attracted to us i have a picture somewhere of one on my knee will try and find it :good:

lol i think they might frown upon it if i took a rod down the local nature reserve :lol:

heres a couple i got the yesterday . some more flies

greenbottle2.jpg

fly2.jpg

Good shots! I've always like the irredescence (sp) of flies.

great pics Mark!

you have taken to this photography malarkey brilliantly! :good:

thanks ian . im really finding this macro photography very addictive . il post some more shots tomorrow when ive got a bit more time . :good:

I'm well impressed :rolleyes:
Very nice shots, I always wanted to be an Entomologist when I was a kid, so these shots are of real interest to me - I was very keen on Moths of all things. Seeing those shots makes me want to get out & about with my camera.
I never persued entomology as a career option - figuring that I'd probably only end up working for a an insectocide manufacturer, so I left it alone.
But as an alternative, I at least I ended up keeping fish instead - Not a bad replacement.

cheers everybody , i keep trying to get some up to date fish pics done but they are nightmares to photograph cos they are hyper.

Well, macro shooting is the opposite from what i like to do, but looking at your photos, i can see why you like it! haha. Good pics! Here is the ONLY photo of an insect i have taken.... i thought it was good, but not quite the same as yours haha.

I just bought a new lens last month, 50mm f1.4 nikon.....so i can do fish photos.... but that is as close to macro as it gets for me haha
Modern_Large-7.jpg

Most reactions

Back