Downgrade

sic0198

Fish Herder
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
1,062
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'm thinking about a downgrade. I have a 29 now so I'm thinking about getting a 20 (was thinking a 10 but I wanna get something that I can put an angelfish in).

Would a 20 gallon be enough for an angelfish?
 
I'm thinking about a downgrade. I have a 29 now so I'm thinking about getting a 20 (was thinking a 10 but I wanna get something that I can put an angelfish in).

Would a 20 gallon be enough for an angelfish?
Depends on the height of the tank. I think it has to be 45cm minimum for angelfish.
 
it needs to be 45 cm from the top of the substrate to the water line preferably more ;) so a taller tank would be better for you, although IMO a normal angel would be too big and aggressive for a 20 gallon because of limited swimming space etc
 
You would have to get a 20 gallon tall tank, which is 17 inches high.

The 20 gallon long will be too small, which is only 12 inches high.

-FHM
 
Agreed with above, a 20g tall is the only way you could have angel fish, and even then you could only have 1 or a breeding pair.
 
A standard 20 gallon long has the same footprint as a 29 gallon, it's just shorter. It's a very nice size tank. Why not keep it for the angels?
 
All I have is one angelfish. I also have 6 or 7 tetras, 4 curies, aaaaaaa fem. betta and a bristlenose pleco-would a 20 be sufficent for those as well.
 
A standard 20 gallon long has the same footprint as a 29 gallon, it's just shorter. It's a very nice size tank. Why not keep it for the angels?


I have a disability. It's so tall that it's hard for me to clean.
 
A standard 20 gallon long has the same footprint as a 29 gallon, it's just shorter. It's a very nice size tank. Why not keep it for the angels?

actually a 20L is the same footprint as a 29. a stangard 20g is 24x12x16
 
A standard 20 gallon long has the same footprint as a 29 gallon, it's just shorter. It's a very nice size tank. Why not keep it for the angels?

actually a 20L is the same footprint as a 29. a stangard 20g is 24x12x16

Yes, standard 20 gallon (tall) is 24x12x16, but a 20 gallon (long) is 30x12x13, and a 29 is 30.25x12.25x18.75.

But he would need a 20 gallon tall, which like bitteraspects stated, is not the same footprint as a 29 gallon.

-FHM
 
lol. i just rwalize4d that he did say long. usually standard and long are in two separate sentences, so i got confused.

anyway. even a standard 20g would not be enough space for an angel. 29 would be minimum
 

Most reactions

Back
Top