Doris

ade

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi folks, brand newbie here, so forgive the easy question....

Background: Bought an aquarium about 18 months ago, mixed success with various species, have now got the bug and am upgrading! Just bought a Hagen Tropiquarium 88, it's sitting nice and pretty in the lounge and I'm thinking about what to do with it. Still cycling, so will be a while until I start filling it with "interesting things".

Question (probably first of many but here goes...):

We bought a fish from LFS to get rid of an over-rampant snail population. Were told that such and such a fish would be good so we went for that one. The thing is, I can't remember the proper name for it and it's annoying the hell out of me! We know it (her?) as Doris, as the name was pretty-much like Doris, basically she was about 1.5" when we bought her from LFS, and is now about 4", very broad,short stumpy tail, sits behind a piece of wood all the time - very rarely see her. Oh yeah, mainly black with white spots.

Have looked all over to try and find a name that fits the description, but given up, so posting here - hope someone can help - thanks in advance!

Ade

Looks very similar to this, not quite the same though - although I so rarely see her I couldn't tell you why. But looks very very similar yes.

Many thanks for your help, she'll always be our "Doris" :D

Most reactions

Back