Don't throw it out

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

itiwhetu

Naturally First
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I kept a tiny piece (10mm) of Cryptocoryne root when I got my plants 10 days ago. Now it is producing leaves. It just goes to show that you should never throw anything away.
20211211_093641.jpg

I wish my crypts grew that fast! Mine are so sloooow

I was actually thinking it was lack of light, my floaters really dim the tank!
Sometimes less is more. You don't need to flood your tank with light for things to grow.

I grow salvinia (minima and natans) and dwarf water lettuce. The salvinia is really dense, but I keep it because I sell it and it's an important source of income for me since I cannot work full time. I like the water lettuce a ton! But when the plants start to reach 6 inches across with 13 inch roots it blocks a ton of light!

Also I love your username! "Little star" what made you choose it?

Also I love your username! "Little star" what made you choose it?
Because of our little girl. " Iti Whetu " she was the runt of the litter and is now 19 years old. She walked with a limp but taught her sisters how to escape from their encloser. She was the ugliest kitten but is now the best cat anyone could look after.
Picture 047.jpg
105.JPG

Because of our little girl. " Iti Whetu " she was the runt of the litter and is now 19 years old. She walked with a limp but taught her sisters how to escape from their encloser. She was the ugliest kitten but is now the best cat anyone could look after.
She also looks delightfully tasty :werewolf:

---------------------
I wish my crypts grew that fast! Mine are so sloooow
They need a bit of fertiliser. If they don't get enough nutrients, they use up the energy they have stored in the rhizome and then struggle to do anything.

A good quality complete iron based aquarium plant fertiliser should help.

She also looks delightfully tasty :werewolf:

---------------------

They need a bit of fertiliser. If they don't get enough nutrients, they use up the energy they have stored in the rhizome and then struggle to do anything.

A good quality complete iron based aquarium plant fertiliser should help.
Thanks! I'll get some fert tabs!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back