Don't know where to post this...oh well! Cheerio!!

PereguineFalcon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Heylo to all and good day! I saw some Marble Hatchet fish today...and i've been mulling over the idea of putting some in my 55 gal. since they are a different type of strata swimmer than most fish being mostly surface. Just wondering if any one has had any experience with them or knows what i should be expecting from them. I have a tight fitting lid and unless they are hercules or sumptin they aren't gonna get out. I've done some researchin on the net for them but its only returned back limited results. I would like to know as much about these beautiful fish before i decide about buying them...so any input would be helpful! Thankz...

The only thing i can think of that you really should know is that they dont like being moved and often come down with ICH or fungal infections when first introduced to the tank so have some meds in your cupboard to be ready to treat them. They are aslo quite fussy eaters and will often only take live foods from the surface, wingless fruitflies and black mosquito larvea seem to be the best foods for them.

Oh, how lovely. I don't think i am really into putting that much effort just to keep them alive. Don't really have any ready supplies of those things on had either. Perhaps hatchet fish are not the thing for me. Perhaps one day though. They are really kewl!! Thankz for moving the post for me and for helping out! Gracias!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back