The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

primsloaches16

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey y'all! This morning during feeding I noticed that one of my juvenile Gold Dojo Loaches, Catnip, has a small bump on the top of her head, back near where the gills meet the body. It's not a cut or open wound, just a small bump. She's acting completely normal, eating and swimming around to her heart's content, it is just slightly concerning and I wanted y'alls advice! I can do a water test if needed, thanks in advance!
20200902_145430.jpg
20200902_145409.jpg
20200902_145419.jpg

Hi! Did you ever find out what was wrong with your loach? Mine has the same thing going on and I can't find anything about it other than this post. Thanks in advance!

These are very active fish. That’s a reason I love them. Probably an accidental bump from hitting something that will go away.

oh, I see this is an old post. how did things work out?

I would agree however when he stops swimming he falls over on his side. I have no idea what's wrong. He seems around and eats fine. This started yesterday morning.

Oh, I was responding to the old post. Hopefully same possible issue for yours, he hit his head playing and will improve. Great sign he’s eating. How long have you had him?

Hoping he gets back to normal real soon.
I have two brown. Some guy gave them to me because he said his wife is afraid of snakes . LOL. I searched a long time for 2-3 Goldens and finally ordered 3 from a guy on Amazon. The overnight shipping cost more than the fish.

We bought 3 about 3 months ago. We had one before and he jumped out of the tank. These 3 have been doing really good up until now. They have doubled in size. I found mine at a local fish store. That's crazy that the shipping would be so much.

you’re lucky you found them. I gave up on waiting. Petco often has them, but not for months. $40 is standard for overnight shipping on fish.

Wow! He jumped out? What kind of lid did you have? I doubt mine could raise the heavy glass lid on the 125 gallon tank.

I had taken. The lid off the night before to clean it. I forgot to put it back on. When we got home from work we found him completely dry on the floor. 😭 I am now adamant about the lid only being off while we are standing there. We have a 90 gallon cube they are in

Oh, that’s horrible! I heard about someone who left the lid open at the hinge and found their Oscar dead on the floor. So sad.😢😢😢

It doesn't seem to be as bad today. He seems better so fingers crossed!

I am an English Mastiff mom! I love all the mastiff breeds!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back