Does my zebra danio have dropsy!?!?!?!

ilovehorses52

New Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2021
Messages
59
Reaction score
24
Points
8
Location
Chaska
Hi!! I have a zebra danio and I think she has dropsy. Her belly is super big and her scales are starting to pinecone. Can anyone help??
 
Hi!! I have a zebra danio and I think she has dropsy. Her belly is super big and her scales are starting to pinecone. Can anyone help??
Could very well be dropsy... A few things though:
1) Is your tank cycled?
2) How long has your tank been running?
3) Could we see a picture of the fish?
4) What are your water parameters using a liquid test kit?
 
Could very well be dropsy... A few things though:
1) Is your tank cycled?
2) How long has your tank been running?
3) Could we see a picture of the fish?
4) What are your water parameters using a liquid test kit?
1) yes my tank is cycled
2) it’s been running for at least 6 months
3) yes hold on
4) don’t have a liquid but I do have strips
 
7DD01C3C-D984-4DAD-8ACF-BEF23849A061.webp
 

Attachments

  • 705EBAF4-07A3-4919-AC81-83CB18EA2BA1.webp
    705EBAF4-07A3-4919-AC81-83CB18EA2BA1.webp
    69.5 KB · Views: 138
  • D0FB45BD-80E4-4434-9F9A-A02659EFC165.webp
    D0FB45BD-80E4-4434-9F9A-A02659EFC165.webp
    83.2 KB · Views: 120
don’t have a liquid but I do have strips
Most of us use the liquid tests because they are more accurate and they give you more tests so you dont have to buy a new one more... I would reccomend getting a liquid tests but for now to see an estimate it would be good to see your water parameters
 
Most of us use the liquid tests because they are more accurate and they give you more tests so you dont have to buy a new one more... I would reccomend getting a liquid tests but for now to see an estimate it would be good to see your water parameters
I got the ones from aquarium co op which come with 200 and 100 for the ammonia ones
 
Most of us use the liquid tests because they are more accurate and they give you more tests so you dont have to buy a new one more... I would reccomend getting a liquid tests but for now to see an estimate it would be good to see your water parameters
Nitrate: 25
Nitrite: 0
Hardness: 150
Buffer: 300
Ph: 8.4
Chlorine: 0
Ammonia: 0
I know that’s like really high do you want to know what’s in the tank?
 
Nitrate: 25
Nitrite: 0
Hardness: 150
Buffer: 300
Ph: 8.4
Chlorine: 0
Ammonia: 0
I know that’s like really high do you want to know what’s in the tank?
Ive never heard of "buffer" before... Your tank params seem fine but it would be nice to see a picture to properly identify it... Although the symptoms seem like dropsy you dont want to treat him for something he doesnt have
 
Ive never heard of "buffer" before... Your tank params seem fine but it would be nice to see a picture to properly identify it... Although the symptoms seem like dropsy you dont want to treat him for something he doesnt have
I never have either that’s just what my test strips test for. Should I add some ph reducer, stresscoat etc?
 

Attachments

  • 054D3EDF-15E3-49FC-806F-68F11A4D0ABC.webp
    054D3EDF-15E3-49FC-806F-68F11A4D0ABC.webp
    233.2 KB · Views: 116

Most reactions

Back
Top