Does My Pleco Need To Be Fed?

musclemilk

New Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Points
0
He is always eating up algae on the floor of the tank or whatever. Will he eat the leftover food i give the other fish?
Or does he indeed need cucumber and\or waffers?

Thanks
 
I always give my guy wafers and veggies - the algae in your tank is not going to be enough for a nice balanced diet.
 
thats the reason why most fade away and starve in peoples tanks

I feed mine algae wafers, courgette/zuccini, sometime potato sometimes sweet potato and they eat the froxzen brine I put in and catfish pellets. Plecs have big appetites and soon get a hollow stomach and sunken eyes if not fed appropriately
 
as simonas says: most people ignore plecs when it comes to feeding, believing that they get all they need from cleaning the glass etc, however - feeding/mixing their diet will prove beneficial - waffers, cucumber etcetera its all good.
 
My 2 BristleNose get 2 x sunken cucumber once a week scewered on a teaspoon and algae wafers every other day - every third day. If there are any signs of algae that I want sorted in the tank that I know they would usually chomp up I don't feed anything till they do. This way it seems they keep the tank clean to get their treatsies when the job is done. BN's in training maybe -_- of course I would not see them starve if they didn't do this but they seem happy enough.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top