Does anyone keep wild varieties of livebearers?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have a 10-Gallon tank with 5 Mosquito fish I caught near my house and they are great! I introduced 3 female feeder Guppies and they were getting along for a while but some of the Mosquito females tend to nip them. I also added 2 fancy female guppies and the Mosquito's actually killed one of the Fancy Females! Mosquito's are definately more aggressive.

It's true! The mosquito fish are vicious little brats! My female mosquito fish is the boss of the tank--strangely enough--and all of the other fish, including the male guppies, get chased off and nipped when they enter her "personal space". :lol: :lol: :lol: My wild guppies are starting to reproduce like crazy... but I really don't want to sell them to the LFS as "feeder fish". :-( Hmmm... guess I'll just have to buy another tank. *sigh* :fun: I'm actually mixing them with a gorgeous yellow fancy, so I'll have to see how that little experiment turns out. :D I'm hoping to get beautiful, yet hardy guppies. :nod:

Oooooh! Nice tail TwoTankAmin! I have got to get some of those, I just love those incredibly long tails. I love their coloration too, simple yet so striking.

TwoTankAmin - your picture is of one of the ivory mottled Montys? Do you have any pictures of the blue/green and Rascons that you could share with us?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back