Does Anyone Buy Fish Online?

matchstickman47

Fish Herder
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
1,574
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
london UK
title says it. is it realy worth it?
what if your not in when delived
obv that u cant see the fish but you can always send it back
the prices seem so low what are the downsides
 
the prices are generally lower due to the postage prices
and usually i think they confirm a delivery date to make sure your in
 
i once thought it must be cruel but nearly every fish we have our tanks have me imported and transported to the lfs!

i persoanlly havent done it but tropicalfish4u and directtropicals seem pretty good!
 
when ive been looking, deliver seems to cost loooads (£10+) it only seems viable if your after a fish you cannot buy locally.
 
I bought many of my fish online. When you start looking for unusual species of fish, that's often the only way to get them. It's best to pay the difference and get next day guaranteed shipping. Then you can arrange with the seller to ship them the day before you plan to be available to receive them. You will want to get them unpacked as soon as possible anyway.

Reliable sellers will ship them in styrofoam boxes with a heat pack or cold pack if the weather requires it. :D
 
i think its cruel but it wouldnt put me off (ironic i know)

no crueler than buying from lfs. how do you think they get there? ive bought online once from wildwoods and would do so again but only from a couple of carefully selected places
 
thanks

i saw a syno multi for 5 pounds and it was not a hybrid i was quite amazed ....
usaul from wildwoods they reach 30 pounds
 
hey, can u guys that have bought frm online shops post there web addresses as i know tropicalfish4u and directtropicals! thanks
 
wildwoods tropicalfisfinder trimar . cant remember if they are dot coms or co.uk so i just type em into google or bookmark them
 
dont know the site but if you type in buy tropical fish into google youl get it as the first one
 
Regarding the argument of buying at local stores over having fish shipped to you, because it's cruel, I work at Petco. Our shipments of fish show up in bags of water in sturdy cardboard boxes with styrofoam insulation straight out of the UPS and FedEx trucks.

I have ordered fish online for my own tanks. They showed up in bags of water in sturdy cardboard boxes with styrofoam insulation straight out of the UPS and/or FedEx truck.

There's no difference, except that I've never lost a fish that was shipped to me, but pet stores tend to lose quite a few, whether because of stress, disease, or mishandling.
 
I bought a Queen Arabesque from tropical fish 4 you about 2 1/2 yrs ago. I could not find anything like it locally and the price was very reasonable. Its not called tropical fish 4 u anymore it is aquatic life direct but still comes up on a google search for tf4u. There is another thread asking about aquatic life direct, you may want to check that out, I posted a picture of her on there.
 
I've bought from plymouth discus, great communication (guy even phoned to confirm the order and to ensure I'd be in the day he was going to get them delivered)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top