🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Do you test your water?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I love my testing kit!

So much fun! Just like chemistry class all over again!

You'd be a bit of a fool not to test your water! How else are you going to tell if it's safe for your fish? Wait until they stop popping ther clogs!
Or maybe you have developed a sophisticated pallet such as a wine tester and taste your water... "Yes, yes... Slight bogwood overtone... good acidity... perfect nitrate... no a amonia... A TRUE VINTAGE!! YA!!!"

I know there expensive and you can get your lfs to do it for free but you'll end up wasting more money in petrol or bus fare with the ammount of testing you need to do over a year!

Jae1525 said:
Or maybe you have developed a sophisticated pallet such as a wine tester and taste your water... "Yes, yes... Slight bogwood overtone... good acidity... perfect nitrate... no a amonia... A TRUE VINTAGE!! YA!!!"
:rofl:

Eeeeeh Jae, you're funny!!

my dad wont let me get a test kit because of the price. but when i go to the lfs i do have it tested. i do want 1 though.

kevin007 said:
Does anyone use this kit?

Link

and i wonder if it just tests and not have anything to adjust?? i mean if i test and my water is wrong, does it include someting to adjust it to right? -_-
That is the exact test I own! :D

wrs said:
my dad wont let me get a test kit because of the price. but when i go to the lfs i do have it tested. i do want 1 though.
They can be expensive, but if you divide cost with how many test you can do.

I have lost count on how many tests I have done, especially when going through a cycle.

Sometimes I tested cause I was bored and impatient. 8)

well, i dont think i test water right but uh........

when i test o test after my water changes so it is always perfect.......

so do i still need a test kit, ?????

btw i live in canada...*not "the matrix" lolololol!!!

Wait a few hours after water changes or do them just before water changes so the test is more accurate.

Don't yell at me but I've kept fish for almost 5 years now and I've never owned a test kit :look:

why test before changing water?

i mean ok so theres a problem. i'm gonna change the water

oh yes! no problems! but i am going to change to water anyways!

:X :X :X :X :X :X :X

If there are no problems, why change the water? Normally I do mine once a week, water change or not and usually before changing the water so I know how much to do. If there's a higher amount of something then I know to do a larger change. I do 20% every two weeks but I can put it off a few days if the tests come up safe as well.

kevin007 said:
why test before changing water?

i mean ok so theres a problem. i'm gonna change the water

oh yes! no problems! but i am going to change to water anyways!

:X :X :X :X :X :X :X
I check the nitrate before doing a water change to see if this level is higher this week than last week. Nitrate level is a good indicator of your environment. if there is no change week to week then the aquarium is balanced and everything is fine. If there is a decrease then everything is fine, but if there is an increase then we MAY have a problem with either too many fish for the tank, decaying matter etc. all of which can cause problems down the road. So i guess it is a preventative measure used to indicate environment changes in the tank. :)

lol

i think i wasted my last test kit.......i always test after water changes and it is always perfect so i wonder if i need to get one now.......i gues i still do..... :rolleyes: :/ $30 gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a Ph test kit that i never use unless i'm bored. and i also have not had a fish die since.....hmm....months ago...i hardly even remember when. not including a carnival goldfish we had, which we euthinized because he had a very bad gash right behind his gill, and was being picked at alive by the other fish.

we tend to get along just fine without the tests -_-

kevin007 said:
lol

i think i wasted my last test kit.......i always test after water changes and it is always perfect so i wonder if i need to get one now.......i gues i still do..... :rolleyes: :/ $30 gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
obviously they'll be perfect after you've jsut filled it with clean water :rolleyes:

I keep my water tests in a log book, traking them from week to week so I can keep a steady environment for my fish.

I think of myself as a fish caretaker rather than an owner. It's my job to maintain their environment so they can live long and healthy lives.
By not testing the water you cant see a problem happening. All of a sudden you have a dead fish and you dont know why? Chances are a water test could have saved it! If you keep discus, for example, you've just wasted £50 on a fish you could have saved by paying less than that ammount for a testing kit.

Most reactions

Back