Do You Think I'm Nearing The End Of Cycle?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Libbyd23

Reaction score
OK, needing some advice everyone :blink:

So, I've been fishless cycling my 125l aquarium for 4 weeks now and have been using the add and wait method. I had a drop of ammonia after 4 days, and nitrite dropped after 2 days. Now after I'm raising ammonia to about 4.0ppm, nitrite continues to drop to 0ppm after 2-3days. Ammonia, however is taking longer to drop. I'm confused by this as I assumed ammonia would drop quicker, where nitrite would take longer. But it seems to be the opposite. Nitrate reading about 5.0ppm.

The tank is planted, so I was wondering whether they were keeping the ammonia level higher? Do you think I am nearly there with the cycle or got much further to go? As mentioned above, I am in no hurry for the cycle to finish, however I am curious as to how far my progress is.

Looking forward to all of your wise comments.
Thanks in advance :good:

Libby

Maybe the ammonia is slow to process and the plants are absorbing the nitrite so you are not seeing a 'nitrite spike'

You should be aware that the ammonia (once processing)should be dropping back to zero then you should re-dose back up to 4-5ppm which in turn should start raising your nitrite up and up and up.

Most reactions

trending

Back