Do You Have A Fish Photo That You Are Proud Of?

seffieuk

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure!
Reaction score
Do you have a nice fish photo - one that you would like to share with us, we would also really like to know a bit about the fish, where you bought it, what it has been like to look after, character etc

So, who will be first?

Seffie x

well i cant supply information like where i got the fish and what its like to keep it cause its in the wild but the story behind this is just that i was on a snorkeling trip and one of the guides scooped this guy off the bottom and i took a picture, its my favorite picture i took that trip, mostly because all the other ones are cloudy since the weather was dodgey

2dahymd.jpg

Wow, thats some fish and a great photo - do you know what sort of Ray it is Wildechild?

Seffie x

i've looked and looked and everything i find just calls it a round Stingray.. im all... yeah, thanks i know its round.. hahah.. i have seen similar pictures referred to as California Sting ray... but this was the other coast.. (snorkeling in Puerto Morelas Mexico)so really i have no idea :unsure:

well i cant supply information like where i got the fish and what its like to keep it cause its in the wild but the story behind this is just that i was on a snorkeling trip and one of the guides scooped this guy off the bottom and i took a picture, its my favorite picture i took that trip, mostly because all the other ones are cloudy since the weather was dodgey

2dahymd.jpg
wow! my dad has one of those (except it is covered in chevy symbols and is 41 years old!)

As I have said in another thread my old cameras shutter is too slow to capture fishes unless they are asleep.
Anyway heres one for you, will add a stock pic below my effort :)

Dragon Wrasse (Juvenile)

Common name: Dragon Wrasse, Rockmover Wrasse, Striped Wrasse, Clown Wrasse, Reindeer Wrasse, Red Belly Wrasse
Scientific name: Novaculichthys taeniourus
Max size: 12 in / 30 cm
pH: 8.1-8.4
Salinity: 1.020-1.025
Temperature: 72-78ºF (22-26°C)

A lovely little fish that unfortunately I was miss sold as its not completely reef safe so his days are numbered in my tank :huh:

Anyway, as a juvenile they have horns as you can see, as they mature they disappear. These have a lot of character. They copy the motions of algae in the wild and their swimming pattern look like a falling leaf and looks very cool. As soon as the halides go off he burrows in the sand to sleep until the following day.

The bad points, he likes to throw things around the tank, more than once we have seen him pick up frags, snails and crabs take them to the surface and dop them. Basically if its not nailed down and if its small enough he will move it. I bought 2 beautiful sexy shrimps a couple of months ago that lasted 30 seconds in the tank, £20 meal for him. :angry:

Like I said earlier the lfs I got him from shouldn't have sold him to me as I had spent hundreds on coral the same month. They satrted seeing me as payday I think as It wasnt the only thing they took liberties with :crazy:

3kpg5.jpg

Dragon20Wrasse.jpg

Shame about not being compatible with the tank mates, but i guess thats how we learn sometimes :(

very cool looking fish though, thanks for sharing :)

This is one of my favourite photos of one of my favourite fish I have ever kept.

fishfrom4507thjune2010089.jpg

Love the dragon wrasse. If I ever got enough space and money to set up a big FO tank one of these would definitely be on top of the stocking list.

Gorgeous Wrasse Barney - were you been me old mucker, we have missed you?

Seffie x

Gorgeous Wrasse Barney - were you been me old mucker, we have missed you?

Seffie x

Hey Seffie,

Thanks :) To be honest since moving and then losing most of our livestock not long afterwards I have completely lost interest. Still have the cube tank set up with a couple of fish in and the other tank is still running with what's left of our soft corals and the LR but I'am really only just keeping them ticking over.

Hopefully will get back into it again soon, just been a lot going on over the last few months and I just haven't had the energy or inclination to work on it. I did seriously consider just selling up everything that was left but I have had at least 1 fishtank on the go for the last 10 or 12 years so would be kind of strange to not have one.

Most reactions

Back