Do Silver dollors like......

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fish_Dude619

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey,
I read somewhere that Silver Dollors like to eat Plants, would they eat Lettuce???

Im sure they would like lettuce but Im sure there is more nutritios foods for them. Are you planning on getting some? I think they will destroy a planted tank if your not careful...I think some peeps on here keep them with plants but change the plants out so they dont get completely destroyed.

I also am pretty sure they would like lettuce. I know that when I blanche a peice of romaine and stick it in my mbuna tank it doesn't last for very long!

I keep silver dollars in a planted tank, and if I don't add TONS of veggies for them, they chow down on my aquascaping. They'll probably eat romaine, although I tend to feed spinach, swiss chard, carrot tops, zuchinni, and cucumber a lot because I grow them in my garden. They also like the spirulina tablets I put in for the CAE.

Do CAE eat only chinese algae? Just kidding Aquanut.

I must be really tired or maybe it's Canadian humour, because that really cracked me up. :lol:

I've got 1 Silver Dollor, but no live plants in the tank.
I think i'm going to try feeding some lettuce, see if he eats it or not.

Whats the best way, just put a full leaf in there or just cut little pieces???

Thanks Everyone!

Well i tryed but he doesn't eat it. I've even tryed cutting them into little pieces, and still doesn't eat it. But my Bala Sharks are! lol

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back