Do I need to quarantine my mystery snail?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

DancingBetta

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have one mystery snail in my forty gallon tank, but the guppies are constantly trying to eat her. I want to move the snail to a new tank. I donā€™t want/donā€™t have room to set up a new tank just for the snail. Iā€™m planning on putting her with my betta, but do I need to quarantine her? My forty gallon is disease free.

Hi everyone.
I have one mystery snail in my forty gallon tank, but the guppies are constantly trying to eat her. I want to move the snail to a new tank. I donā€™t want/donā€™t have room to set up a new tank just for the snail. Iā€™m planning on putting her with my betta, but do I need to quarantine her? My forty gallon is disease free.
No need to QT, but I've tried them with a single betta several times....sometimes it's fine, sometimes the betta will nip at the snail's eye stalks...you won't know until you try, and observe

Hi everyone.
No, you donā€™t have to. I do warn you however, that bettas have been known to go after the antenna of the snail.

No, itā€™s completely normal. Some snails will come times crawl onto its shell and the algae. Pretty funny to watch.

Also, her shell has algae growing on it. Is that a problem?
theres this one snail with a lot of black beard algae,
and when they killed the algae it turned pink...
it turned it into a rockstar punk snail

So my betta isnā€™t trying to eat him, I donā€™t think he knows exactly what this strange creature is doing in his tank.

That'll only happen if you don't look after your tank properly. Keep it clean-ish and don't ever over-feed.
I keep my 10G clean, it's heavily planted, and I feed every other day, or every third day...and the MTS population has exploded over time

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
  • Essjay

Members online

Back