do i need a refugium

ginamoore

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
just wondering if i need a refugium? im sure they help with everything but do you have to have one? i dont have much room left lol.
and if i need one can someone tell me where to go to look up how to hook it up to my existing setup. thanks gina

like you said, a refugium is useful. it is not essential. they help with a number of things like ph balance, nutrient export etc etc. they can go above the tank and be pump fed below the tank and gravity fed or hang on the side of the tank. I have just put one on my tank just to see if there are any noticable improvements so I will keep you posted.

Ste2k3,

As a matter of interest what type of 'fuge did you get? I have been looking at what we can get over here and there is not as much choice as in the states.

Cheers, Eddie

ReefBoy,

I know Ste2k3 isn't in the states - he is in Warrington where my company has an office :) I've even been there a few times......

I was asking "what we can get over here" because "not as much choice as in the states" :thumbs:

Cheers, Eddie

I have a basic all glass tank 29"x 15" x18" deep with a 1 1/5" hole drilled in one end. this drains back in to my sump. I have had my return pumps throttled back for some time now so i just T'd of them. in the UK, I would have a look at clear tides, they would probably be able to make you a hang on type refugium.

http://www.cleartides.co.uk/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back