Do fish eat lettuce?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Some fish will eat lettuce, others won't.

Dark green leafy veges are better.

Blanch them for 30-60 seconds in boiling water so they are easier for the fish to digest. Make sure they are free of chemicals.

Marine alga can also be fed to freshwater fish. A lot of Asia food shops sell dried and frozen algae that can be used.

I used to put lettuce in for my BNC's but my angels would eat most of it (unbalanced)!
I also had a hatchet fish that loved his spinach (frozen, chopped)!

Fish will eat all sorts of veggies....yellow squash, zucchini, green beans, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli...all blanched, or steamed

My otos enjoy fruits, as well...watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew melon

Fish will eat all sorts of veggies....yellow squash, zucchini, green beans, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli...all blanched, or steamed
Well, this goes for all of my herbivores and omnivores. And also my shrimps love it!

My otos enjoy fruits, as well...watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew melon
Forgetting one Slap

I like to put very controlled portions of food into my tank. I find the idea of feeding all sorts of vegetables into a tank is uncontrolled and causes a lot of mess. I would rather just feed two algae discs; I know where they land, and I can see if they have been eaten.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back