Do Diferent Species Of Piranha Get Along Well?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sryan it seems to be you with the attitude the one that says i dont need to listen i know best
scot

if you want differertnt fish together get rid of the piranha , problem solved:)

haha not what i had in mind, and i dont apprectiate the attitude.....

Well its as simple as that, get rid of the piranhas and get some other fish or get another tank for the other fish, you cant keep piranhas and other fish together, you can ask a hundred times with different species of fish etc but the answer is always going to be the same, no.

sryan it seems to be you with the attitude the one that says i dont need to listen i know best
scot

ugh...didnt u see? i just explained this....i dont say i know best and i dont ever recal saying "im not gonna listen to you, ill do what i want." correct me if im wrong?

and ya i may have a little attitude but its bc i ask a question and just get criticized....yea maybe some questions are repetative, and u may say that there are literally NO fish that can live with piranhas but i just keep looking......k?

How many times do we have to tell you. There isn't a fish that will live safely with piranhas. That is why you are told the same answer again and again, because that is the answer. You saw this first hand with the pleco you tried to add. They killed it. If any fish will work that is usually it. If you need some variety in your tank you shouldn't be keeping piranhas in the first place.

yes i know im already aware that there is really no fish that can live with them, but im still trying to search for one and again its not like looking is gonna kill anybody...and i got another question.......

so sometimes the biggest piranha in my tank swims up to the top really fast barely leeps outta the water graps air then goes to the bottom and lets it out and makes bubbles, why does he/she do that? is it like an "alfa male" kinda thing, showing off? and he has been doing it much more lately is there any reason for that too?

thanks

I've never seen anything like that. I wouldn't worry about it. I've seen my bichirs and ropefish do that, but that is because they are air breathers.

You are aware that you just said that there is really no fish that can live with them. Why are you even asking if you already know?

I've never seen anything like that. I wouldn't worry about it. I've seen my bichirs and ropefish do that, but that is because they are air breathers.

You are aware that you just said that there is really no fish that can live with them. Why are you even asking if you already know?

ya he just started doing it and it is reallly odd....and i know what i said i meant like according to basically everybody here. and as much as i wanna find a fish that can, i know its slim. im not really oging outta my way to find its just if i come across something that seems like it could work

also.....are oscar fish really intelligent? bc the one i have is on the side of my tank by my door as i walk in and then follows me like around my room until i feedhim...and he knows that the sound of the lid f the tank opening usually means feeding time? he also eats straight outta my hand!? i feel like they are the only fish i have come across that has a deent memory and stuff....

Yep oscars are often regarded as the puppy dogs of the fish world. Most of my fish follow me around though and recognize the food container (the ones that can see anyways). All my fish will hand feed with the exception of the piranha. I'm sure it would but I don't want to try. I just feed it with chopsticks or tongs.

Yep oscars are often regarded as the puppy dogs of the fish world. Most of my fish follow me around though and recognize the food container (the ones that can see anyways). All my fish will hand feed with the exception of the piranha. I'm sure it would but I don't want to try. I just feed it with chopsticks or tongs.
hm...whta kind and how bigs ur piranha?

I've got a sanchezi that's probably somewhere around 5-5.5". I was initially looking to get an irritans but after about 6 months of looking/waiting, I gave up.

I've got an 80g that I want to try and change around too. I'm thinking of sticking something like an elongatus or something else interesting and/or not so common (probably a piranha or catfish) in there.

I've got a sanchezi that's probably somewhere around 5-5.5". I was initially looking to get an irritans but after about 6 months of looking/waiting, I gave up.

I've got an 80g that I want to try and change around too. I'm thinking of sticking something like an elongatus or something else interesting and/or not so common (probably a piranha or catfish) in there.
o i couldnt agree more..like someday i wanna get an elongatus...they are so cool, but very expensive, and do know if they are really as aggressive as the internet says they are?

I don't really know. I could really care less as far as aggression goes, I like piranhas for more for looks and other behavior rather than sheer aggression.

o i couldnt agree more..like someday i wanna get an elongatus...they are so cool, but very expensive, and do know if they are really as aggressive as the internet says they are?

what exactly is it your looking for with piranhas?sheer aggression?If thats the case Im not surprised your bored with tank bred reds.

Most reactions

trending

Back