Do Diferent Species Of Piranha Get Along Well?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sryan0609

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey,

just wondering if i could add any other kinds of piranhas in my tank of 8 4"-5" red bellies. i know there is no guaruntee that there won't be any fighting going on but i was wondering what piranha is most compatible with the red belly?

Also any tips on fun or interestings things to feed piranhas, or maybe a cool decoration that i could add to spice up my tank

Thanks!!!

from what i've read its possible to keep a mixed shoal of different Pygocentrus species, Serrasalmus species are far too agressive to be kept with other fish though even their own kind

You have enough piranhas for your tank size, it is ONLY big enough for 4 fully grown adults, not 8.Only piranhas that mix with red bellies are pygocentrus species such as caribe,ternetzi and piraya. I imagine your reds are tank bred and not wild, in which case adding any of the above runs a risk of ending up with dead red bellies.

NO. You need to try and do your own research (ie use the search function and google). And actually listen to advice given to you. jonny_dw is right and has been all along.

And in case you didn't know, 4-5" is not full grown for a red belly. Not even close.

NO. You need to try and do your own research (ie use the search function and google). And actually listen to advice given to you. jonny_dw is right and has been all along.

And in case you didn't know, 4-5" is not full grown for a red belly. Not even close.

well, then excuse me....but im pretty sure that this forum is meant for people to ask questions, and seek help on learning about their fish. why does this exist if im suppose to do all my research myself?? sure i do research, but i wanted people's input on it to see maybe actual experiences with it.......

is that okay with you?

PS-u dont have to reply to my topics if u dont want to, so you cant yell at me because i asked a question. u volunteered to comment and give me advice

As I said in my other reply, I would happily answer your questions and hold nothing against you for posting a question that may seem stupid. I've posted some pretty stupid stuff over the years but I actually listened to people and what they had to say. You aren't doing that. You are asking questions then saying, I'm just going to do what everyone has said to not do anyways.

And there is no point in asking a question when the exact same question has already been answered with the first hand account you had been wanting.

My advice: Listen to what others have to say or don't ask.

As I said in my other reply, I would happily answer your questions and hold nothing against you for posting a question that may seem stupid. I've posted some pretty stupid stuff over the years but I actually listened to people and what they had to say. You aren't doing that. You are asking questions then saying, I'm just going to do what everyone has said to not do anyways.

And there is no point in asking a question when the exact same question has already been answered with the first hand account you had been wanting.

My advice: Listen to what others have to say or don't ask.

well i am taking ppls advice, its just nice to get lots of ppls opinions....and when did i ever say i was just gonna do something even though i was advised not too?????? u all r assuming that because i ask questions that have the same main idea that i dont take ur advice....i did take it, i didn't add whatever i was going to add into my tank, and now im searching for something else....

i am really really wondering where you are all getting this idea that i dont take ur advice and that im gonna do what everyone said not to anyways?????

You don't take our advice because when you ask "Will x fish be fine with a shoal of rbp's?" you are told that no, no fish, not just the one you are asking about, will go in with rbp's. You then ask, well then how about this one? You are again told no, no fish (or turtle for that matter) can go with an rbp. People keep telling no, no fish in a rbp tank period, then you go and ask, well how about this one? You get where I'm going with this?

EDIT: In your now 3rd to last post in your other thread, you say something along the lines of, well I've had red eared sliders with other fish before, so I think I am going to try it again.

You don't take our advice because when you ask "Will x fish be fine with a shoal of rbp's?" you are told that no, no fish, not just the one you are asking about, will go in with rbp's. You then ask, well then how about this one? You are again told no, no fish (or turtle for that matter) can go with an rbp. People keep telling no, no fish in a rbp tank period, then you go and ask, well how about this one? You get where I'm going with this?

EDIT: In your now 3rd to last post in your other thread, you say something along the lines of, well I've had red eared sliders with other fish before, so I think I am going to try it again.

yes i understand where you are coming from but i just dont believe that there isnt one fish that can live with rbps, so i keep looking then find one that i think looks suitable and i ask about, bc im sure ther is at least one, and i think it is worth looking for one. thats what i am doing, i just keep looking and finding other fish and seeing what ppl think, sure they say no everytime but on of these times someone may say that it would work and that this is the only one that can and so on.

and about what i said about my red eared slider----- i said "i had a red eared slider with a couple 4" koi fish and the turtle never messed with the fish," i never ever said "so i think im goning to try it again" as a matter of fact im pretty sure i said "....WHAT DO YOU THINK????"

Whoops, I misread your other post. When you said you were going to get a backing rock etc... I thought you meant I am just going to do this, not I was going to do that but now I'm not sure. Sorry about that.

Keeping any fish with rbp's is pretty hit and miss. I wouldn't recommend it and many others are in the same boat. You have been told to not try it as it usually doesn't end well, in reference to ANY fish, not just the fish you were asking about in your post. You keep asking, well then how about this? You are then told the same thing again. At least that is how I see it. If I'm wrong someone correct me.

Whoops, I misread your other post. When you said you were going to get a backing rock etc... I thought you meant I am just going to do this, not I was going to do that but now I'm not sure. Sorry about that.

Keeping any fish with rbp's is pretty hit and miss. I wouldn't recommend it and many others are in the same boat. You have been told to not try it as it usually doesn't end well, in reference to ANY fish, not just the fish you were asking about in your post. You keep asking, well then how about this? You are then told the same thing again. At least that is how I see it. If I'm wrong someone correct me.

okay, well i know that is the case, but i keep asking about more fish to, once again, try and find one that may work. maybe il find one thatmight actually work

Well if your absolutely set on putting in a different fish in the tank, you may want to try a common plec. Those seem to fair the best but its still pretty hit and miss.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back