Diy Tank On A Budget! 120-200Ltrs?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AquaBaz

Reaction score
Hi there, I figured I would post on here and pick your brains with regards to a DIY tank. I was recently refused permission to make my own (by the wife, grr!) due to costs. I was wondering if it is possible to build a tank on a very low budget? And if anyone has any ideas/plans/costings? I have only just got into the hobby but my favourite hobbies usually involve some kind of DIY somewhere down the line and after sitting watching my fish last night feeling all tranquil... I have decided to try and do it on a budget! Ugly isn't a problem so long as the viewing isn't impeded... anyone got any suggestions?

Many thanks!

Baz

sign up to your local Freecycle ( a yahoo group) site.. bet you`ll get one within a week.. free
w00t.gif
( unless you really want to build your own
lookaround.gif
)

Oh yea. Freecycle and the "free" section on CraigsList are great. I have gotten a 55 gal, 75 gal and two 29 gal tanks from both these sources for free. Check then out.

CraigsList? That's one I don't know... Freecycle I know and have asked for a large tank there but believe me when I say NOT A CHANCE! Especially if there's a "Offered: Tank" post... you can bet ya bottom dollar that it's been taken within 10minutes of the post! lol

I got a tank from Gumtree by posting a wanted add, but it's a 2' tank and I'm after something much larger. I like the appeal of building my own, especially since I like DIY (like... not good at! but I try :D ) but I'll settle for a larger tank if it's free! lol

Have a look on Aquarist Classified and EBay also. Might take a short while, but there are bargains to be had!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back