Diy 75x42x40 Cm

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

alexandre

Reaction score
After the leak of my 150l I decided to do a rimless aquarium. The old cabinet had to be trimmed and resprayed to accommodate the new one. The dimensions are 75x42x40 cm and 8mm thick.

The glass degreased, cleaned and masked.

01-17-08001.jpg

01-17-08003.jpg

Assembly.

01-17-08004.jpg

01-17-08005.jpg

Drying with a bit of water to keep the humidity high, to speed up the curing process.

01-17-08007.jpg

Testing the seals were water tight.

01-18-08005.jpg

Just need another coat of paint.

01-18-08010.jpg

Waiting for some dragon stones and new plants, so no aquascape for the moment.

01-20-08029.jpg

That's lovely! I would never dream of making my own tank as I know I'd mess up somehow :D What is the long thin piece of wood you have their? All I can seem to find is fat Mopani and Mangrove :(

looking good so far, you're braver than i making your own tank!

What is the long thin piece of wood you have their? All I can seem to find is fat Mopani and Mangrove :(
looks like redmoor wood to me

Thanks every one.

What is the long thin piece of wood you have their? All I can seem to find is fat Mopani and Mangrove sad.gif

Where'd you get the wood?

Joecoral is right, it's redmoor wood, there are pictures of it in my 150L thread.
I got it locally, but Aqua Essentials have some.

That's lovely! I would never dream of making my own tank as I know I'd mess up somehow

looking good so far, you're braver than i making your own tank!

Making a tank is easy, it is just a bit intimidating because it involve glass and water. Silicon is very strong, even if you mess thing up, a glass panel won't come off. It will just leak, so it just have to be unglued, cleaned and glue again.
The main things are glass thickness, have every thing ready next to you when you start and be fast because the silicon will ripple to the touch after 5 to 10mn.
You can still glue the front panel to the bottom and wait for it to dried. Then after glue the two sides pannell let it dried and finish by the back. Instead to glue all at once.

Darn you and your abilities!! Another lovely looking tank and even better that you made it yourself!

Keep us posted :)

Sam

PS - sorry to hear about the 150lt it was a great scape and the plants were superb.

Most reactions

Back