Dissapearing Fins / Fin Rot

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pablothebetta

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I've posted this a couple of times before, but haven't really got anywhere. If anyone has anything to say that they think may help me, please do reply :)

I've had a few bettas, and all of them have ended up with fin rot, including my most recent betta after just a few weeks with me.

The tank is cycled and the media I've used has been running for over 2 1/2 years. Weekly 30-40% w/cs are done and conditioner always used. I do tend to have nitrates, though there is a fair amount in my water so it's difficult to get it much lower. Still, I've heard that unless readings are very high they aren't harmful. I don't think there's any decor in the tank that could damage his fins and there aren't any other fish in there with him that could nip them. Even still, his fins just seem to keep 'dissapearing'. My last betta, Pablo, ended up with hardly any fins left at all - I really don't want this to happen with my current betta. I've tried an Interpet medication (anti-fungus and fin rot) though to no result. After just 2 months or so, his fins have started to decrease, just like 2 of my other past bettas.

So, does anyone have any ideas how I can stop this from happening? I really enjoy keeping bettas in general, though if this does keep happening, I'm tempted to change (which I really don't want to do, but I don't want the fish to suffer, either).

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back